Thursday, 1 September 2011

Evening Standard Inspiration


On the long commute home this evening I found yesterdays Evening Standard shoved in the bottom of my laptop case. As I was flicking through the pages I started to read an article entitled '30 things to do before you're 30'. It listed the obvious, and then a few not so obvious but actually quite good ideas, and left me feeling as though I should aim for a vague few of their suggestions before I hit the big 3, 0.

But in any case, I made this little drawing in my notebook whilst travelling home wondering if any of the goals were actually achievable. The 3 holds the first fifteen, and the 0 that has been saved for tomorrows train journey is yet to come. The thing I enjoyed most about making this drawing, is that when I looked up and turned around, (which I did unusually slowly, laying a feeling that I must of been tense with resentment - although I was in fact quite chipper) the man sitting next to me jolted back from his original position, which was right over my shoulder and shouted "I'M SORRY" at me. Incredibly funny, especially for it being in the context of the quiet carriage.

1 comment:

  1. Love it.

    Enjoy the funny story too!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete