Thursday, 5 May 2011

Coping with the commute

Studying in london as amazing as it is can be a real pain in the arse, especially when you have to commute in from home. Thankfully I have a wonderful subscription to Popshot magazine, which definitely helps me deal with the mundane business of sitting on a train/bus for an hour and a half or so, squished next to some sweaty businessman who insist of flicking his newspaper in my face.


Popshot is a poetry and illustrations magazine, every issue has a theme such as childhood or liberation and is packed full of charming illustrators and really touching poems. They also have some very interesting interviews such as with one of my favourite illustrators, Mr.Bingo.

I first discovered Mr. Bingo when I was at the 'Pick Me Up' exhibition at Somerset House last year, what I loved about his work and found to be most memorable was his humour. Mr. Bingo sense of humour may be a little crude for some peoples taste, but I really think that it compliments his illustrative style, and well is just plain amusing.


So if you are like me and have a long commute into work everyday, then I recommend subscribing to Popshot, as its a really nice read and definitely different to the Heats and Hello magazines that I usually see people scanning through on trains and buses.

http://www.popshotpopshot.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment